Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bad Brains back in the Saddle at Slims 20070924


I've been listening to their new CD a lot and it is great. Very very heavy. About as far from pop music as you can get. I cannot wait to see them live. A second show has been added on Sunday(9/23)with Whole Wheat Bread. Whole Wheat Bread are good too. 4 black punks from Jacksonville. They are opening for Big D and the Kid's table at Bottom of the Hill in November too. I'm going to the Monday show 9/24 8:00 PM I went to the Monday night show. It was good but overall I was disappointed. My expectations were sky high which is probably the reason for the disappointment. Slim's was sold out and it was ridiculously packed full of people. I missed the opening band. They sounded good once I got in the middle. When I was off to the side, the sound was weak. I really liked the 2 or 3 roots dub songs in the middle. It seemed like most of the people around me got bored with it. The set was short, and then they came back on for a one song encore. Everyone in the crowd was looking for more when the screen came down and the announced LAST CALL. There were several songs from the new CD which I wanted to hear and didn't.

No comments: