Sunday, July 25, 2004

Sunday night skate at Campbell Skate Park (CSP)

There were 4 or 5 very young boys and girls running around (yes
running, not skating). I was playing The Fury of The Aquabats, which
has tracks which are very circus like ska. It was like watching a live
cartoon. I talked to PRINCE VALIANT. I don't know his name, but he
drives a '66 Valiant car which is in fine condition. He brings his son
and a nephew from Mexico to the park on weekends. He is old enough to
have opinions about the music I play.

I played different stuff than usual.
New reggae: Freedom's Journal, by Ossie Dellimore.
Old reggae: The Harder They Come, by Jimmy Cliff.
Ska Punk Pop: The Fury of The Aquabats, by The Aquabats

Aside from a heavy fall on my knee going over the spine, I skated well.
Continued incremental evolutionary progress on the 50-50 slide. I'm
over 25% make rate for the 5-0 stall. I couldn't spin 360's at all
which is very unusual. I finally made 8 after 20+ tries. I did make 3
for 3 900 spins on the ramp which is much better than the last time. I
hope this is going to be a consistent maneuver I can count on. The
work maneuver sounds so much better than trick.

I hope the ibuprofen kicks in soon!

Miles

No comments: