Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Gaz Mayall - 25 Top Rare Ska Tracks

I've listened to this CD several times since I got it a week ago, and like it a lot.  It is all very early stuff from Jamaica taken off the vinyl collection of Gaz Mayall, a London DJ and music lover.  My favorite track is

 

Bongo Man, by Bongo Man Byfield

 

Portions of the lyrics remind me of a Paul Simon song:

 

"I don't want a European baby

No matter how she try

If I should take a European baby

She could not do it in the Bongo way

 

Don't know much about Kennedy

All I hear is he was the remedy

Don't know much about Lee Oswald

Don't know much about Jack Ruby

 

All I know I'm a Bongo Man"

 

 

Good stuff.

 

Miles by email

 

A little format test follows

 

RED

BOLD

UNDERLINED

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing the comment feature.

Miles